Simply put, an x-ray is a painless medical test that allows your physician to see what’s going inside of your body. An X-ray examination uses electromagnetic radiation to make images of your bones and internal organs. X-rays are safe and effective for people of all ages including children. If you’re a parent of young children you’ll be glad to know that WISH radiologists are the same doctors at Children’s Hospital Central California.
Your doctor may refer you to have an x-ray for any number of reasons including:
• Determine whether a bone is chipped, dislocated or broken
• Evaluate joint injuries
• Diagnose the cause of persistent coughing or chest pain
• Check for broken ribs or a punctured lung
• Evaluate abdominal pain
• Locate objects that may have been accidentally swallowed by a child
• Determine whether you have injured a bone or disk in your spine
• Detect scoliosis, an abnormal curvature of the spine, and other spinal defects
• Evaluate infection of the sinuses (sinusitis)
Walk in or Make an Appointment
If you have a referral form from your physician ordering an X-ray, you can come in as a walk in or call us ahead of time to schedule an appointment by calling 559.432.8586.
A radiologist is a physician specifically trained to create and interpret radiology examinations. The radiologist will analyze and interpret your images, and will send a signed report to your referring physician, who will share the results with you.