If you want to avoid varicose veins, you should take care of them in a timely manner. The statistics of the disease are convincingly bleak, and lead to some absolutely frightening percentages!
Especially for the female population of the planet. Of course, at a young and active age, your thoughts do not go to varicose veins in any way – life is full, full of strength, and until the venerable years of your beloved grandmother with ugly knots on her legs, oh, how far away!
However, varicose veins are an insidious disease. And getting younger every year. So we need to fight now. As long as the veins are healthy, prevention will not take much time.
- Who needs varicose vein prevention?
- The pharmacy will help – with drugs, ointments, and other means
- What about traditional methods?
- We analyze the diet and set the right nutrition
- Required Stocking Compression of Varicose Veins
- Pregnancy: you can avoid varicose veins
- Varicose veins and profession: sedentary work and work on legs
- General exercises for prevention
1. Who Needs Varicose Vein Prevention?
Everyone is without exception. This is due to our modern rhythm of life – an abundance of tasty and unhealthy food, low mobility, and frequent stress. But there are ailments and pets who are at risk of getting sick first.
- People who have hereditary risks, i.e. one or both parents suffer from varicose veins.
- Representatives of professions that require prolonged standing, sitting in one position, professional athletes (runners, weightlifters, etc.)
- Overweight gourmets.
- Stylish dandies and fashionistas are lovers of tight, tight clothes and high heels.
- We brought the female gender into a separate group because, in addition to the listed factors, the risk state for varicose veins is pregnancy and menopause.
The video shows 4 exercises for the prevention of varicose veins:
In addition, people who already have chronic metabolic diseases, heart and vascular diseases, and tumors fall into the risk group. For them, secondary varicose veins are dangerous, i.e. provoked by the underlying pathology.
2. The Pharmacy Will Help – With Drugs, Ointments, And Other Means
The pharmaceutical industry is also aware of the problem of varicose veins. Therefore, in the assortment of pharmacies you will find a sufficient number of ointments and creams for leg fatigue, and for the first symptoms of varicose veins. Conventionally, all drugs for local use are divided into several groups.
- Containing heparin (heparinoids): The drug heparin thins the blood and dissolves blood clots. The use of ointment for varicose veins is justified but should be used after a medical prescription. With excessive enthusiasm for heparin preparations, bleeding is possible.
- Venotonics: Ointments and gels help relieve fatigue by strengthening the tone of the venous walls. They also cope well with swelling in the legs.
- Ointments, creams, and gels based on honey: and other bee products. They are widely used, they help well, and they are advertised even better.
- Complex preparations: They have both vagotonic and heparin components.
It is easy to use all of the above drugs. Read the summary and enjoy. But do not forget about the most important thing – first visit a doctor!
Carefully! We consider it necessary to warn you about the dangers of magic ointments distributed in various ways by representatives of some little-known companies, private cosmetologists, and online stores. Most often, unfortunate medicines have very dubious certificates and have not undergone any research.
3. What About Traditional Methods?
Traditional medicine aside from varicose veins is not worth it. On the contrary, it actively offers a lot of miraculous recipes that can save not only varicose veins but also a lot of related problems. Homemade ointments, medicinal decoctions, rubbing compresses, and alcohol tinctures for oral administration, according to traditional doctors, will heal you qualitatively and inexpensively in a short time.
We do not intend to argue, in folk medicine, there are many really excellent recipes. But as representatives of official medicine, we still urge you to search for a reasonable combination – the use of folk recipes after discussing them with the doctor. And in no case do not refuse the traditional treatment prescribed by the doctor.
Often during pregnancy, a girl acquires an unpleasant disease – varicose veins. And many do nothing about it because they are convinced that varicose veins go away after childbirth. Is it so? Is it possible or not to do stretching with varicose veins? Read the opinion of our experts.
4. We Analyze The Diet and Set The Right Nutrition
Nutrition for varicose veins is of great importance. If you are a convinced meat eater, and for dessert, you prefer sweet buns, varicose veins will love you, do not hesitate. And at the same time, obesity, and problems with the exchange, and many other unpleasant ailments will fall in love with you.
The optimal diet for the prevention of varicose veins is the Mediterranean. It has a lot of vegetables, fruits, seafood, and fish, but there is almost no meat and muffins. Did you know that people who prefer Mediterranean cuisine rarely have vascular problems?
Therefore, remember our advice, go grocery shopping at the supermarket.
5. Required Stocking Compression of Varicose Veins
An excellent preventive and therapeutic tool is compression underwear for varicose veins. Do not confuse it with slimming tights – these are different products. For example, in the Baltic Vein Clinic, special 3D equipment will help you choose the size of underwear and the level of compression you need, on which you will not only be accurately measured but also assess the condition of the vessels of the extremities.
We would not recommend buying and wearing compression stockings on your own. Only an experienced phlebologist can determine the individual size, and adjust the duration of wearing underwear professionally. The price of the issue is a single consultation.
6. Pregnancy: You Can Avoid Varicose Veins
Pregnancy is a physiological process, but the load on the veins of the lower extremities increases significantly. Every expectant mother should know about this:
- The first thing a woman can do to prevent varicose veins is to adjust her diet as we described above.
- The second is sufficient physical activity. Walking in the air, properly selected shoes will help your vessels.
- Special gymnastics are obligatory for pregnant women. Various foot movements, rolling from heel to toe do not create a special physical load but help the veins. Pregnancy is a period in which sofa cushions are especially useful. If you lie down to rest, let your legs be on the pillow – blood circulation in the limbs will be more active.
- If you were familiar with varicose veins before pregnancy, go to a phlebologist for additional advice. He will pick up compression underwear for you, and tell you how to wear it correctly and for how long.
7. Varicose Veins And Profession: Sedentary Work And Work on Legs
The prevailing number of today’s professions involve long-term sitting in one place. More precisely, at the computer. Even if your posture is comfortable and the chair is comfortable, these conditions will not save you from varicose expansion. Therefore, follow a few simple preventive rules:
- Never sit cross-legged, do not cross your legs – blood circulation in the limbs is disturbed.
- Leave fashionable hairpins for going to a restaurant and theater – no more. Optimal shoes are natural, with a heel no higher than 6 cm.
- Limit coffee and strong teas. Give preference to juices, fruit drinks, and plain water.
- Be sure to exercise. The best is swimming.
- Rest properly and do not overeat, control body weight.
- Sitting at the table, do foot exercises.
If you are unable to sit down during work, you are on the move all day, do not forget:
- While resting, keep your feet elevated.
- In the morning and evening, pour cold water over the legs.
- Eat right, not snack on the run.
- Wear compression underwear for preventive purposes and choose the “right” shoes for yourself.
8. General Exercises for Prevention
There are many health programs for the prevention of varicose veins. Therapeutic exercises are used when the disease is already present. If you know for sure that you are prone to varicose veins, do not include in your morning exercises:
- Active squats.
- Jumping on both legs, including the rope.
- Weightlifting exercises.
- Tense leg swings.
Do everything else in good health! Don’t forget the foot exercises. After all, they can be performed even while lying in bed, and even sitting on an office chair, and they work out well. Preventive exercises for varicose veins of the lower extremities.
The bicycle, which has recently become fashionable, is an excellent remedy for varicose veins. The pool is also a great activity. Monotonous work in the country, and dragging bags from the store should be minimized. But make outdoor activities a habit. Follow our recommendations, and the meeting with varicose veins will not take place!